Sunday, January 03, 2010

I like big lists and I cannot lie

 

To paraphrase the song “Baby Got Back”* by Sir Mix-A-Lot, I like big lists and I cannot lie.  (My apologies to the artist)

What I mean to say is that as the Microsoft developer space gains more capabilities and inevitably becomes more complex, it is harder for me to keep up with it all.  Long articles that explain everything step by step are wonderful, but I find it very beneficial to distill segments of these technologies down to a simple lists whenever possible and explore the individual elements in greater detail when needed. These lists give me a way to track what I already know and what I need yet to learn.

This year, I am determined to add WPF, WCF, MEF, MVC and Silverlight to the list of Microsoft .Net technologies that I can comfortably and effectively write software in.  That will involve writing lots of lists.  I look forward to sharing these lists with you on my blog.


Joe Kunk
Microsoft MVP Visual Basic
Okemos, MI USA
January 3, 2010

 

* A great song.  I was listening to it as I wrote this post.  Please support this artist and others by purchasing your music through legitimate sources that pay artist royalties.

1 comment:

David Smith said...

I like that song too. Just read your new features in VB posting. Good information to know!