Saturday, May 02, 2009

Windows 7 RC will not install if running on battery

I was trying to upgrade my Windows XP laptop to Window 7 Release Candidate while doing laundry.  The dryer buzzed and like a true geek, I did not want to hold up my Windows 7 upgrade for any reason.  I took the laptop with me on battery power with the intention of answering any installation prompts while I hung up my clothes. 

Unfortunately, after it copied all its temporary files over to the hard disk, the Windows 7 installation informed me that it could not install while on battery power.  The only option was to go back on on A/C and start the upgrade over.

So much for saving time on the upgrade.  I had similar experiences when I try to save money too ...  Apparently I am not that good at either sometimes ...

Hope that helps

Joe Kunk
Microsoft MVP VB
Okemos, MI

2 comments:

Braydon said...

hmm....waiting for that to came up on my laptop now lols dont know if the charger is working :)

Dmitris said...

moreover, for me the windows 7 RC does not even work on battery, and does not boot as well. it used to run fine on xp though. hope its something to be solved in near future.